Saturday, December 12, 2009

My very first shea butter concoction

So once again I have to thank the lovely ladies of Youtube, because without them I would be utterly lost without them on this road to becoming natural.I didn't measure out my ingredients this time because I was just experimenting. Anyway I used 100% Natural Shea Butter, EVCO (Extra Virgin Coconut Oil), EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) and some peppermint oil some honey. Most of the mixture is the Shea butter with a small ratio of EVCO and EVOO because after watching some YouTube videos I learned too much oil makes the mixture come out to runny/oily. I only used the peppermint oil to add a little fragrance and as a preservative, the honey I used because it helps fight off microbes, once again I only used about 1 tsp. I melted the Shea butter and the coconut oil to get a liquid consistency then I added the EVOO, honey and peppermint oil. After I successfully mixed everything to the desired consistency I placed my container in the fridge for three hours until it solidified. This is the final product

I'll have to do another blog about how it works on my hair after I take out these yarn twists. Yep I'm still hanging on to them. But they are not going to last much longer I really do miss my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment