Friday, December 11, 2009

I miss my hair









I have had my yarn twists in since November 29, 2009 and while I love them I am dying to take them out so I can have my own own hair back.I am going to do my darndest to keep them in until December 20 but at this moment another week and a few days is not looking to good.
Last night to combat some of the itchiness and to moisturize & condition my hair I came up with my own mix. I took my spray bottle that I bought at walmart for 97cents filled it a quarter of the way with water, 2TBSP of coconut oil, 1 tsp of honey, 2TBSP of Hair Mayonaise and 2TBSP of Cantu Shea Butter Leave in conditioner. I then added some more water replaced the cap and shook the spray bottle to mix the contents. I did this for about 2 minutes then I placed the spray bottle sans the top into the microwave for 45seconds just to warm the oil and melt some of the products so they would mix better. I divided my hair into several small sections ans saturated my roots the yarn twists, I then massaged the warm oil into my scalp, twisted the individual sections and donned a shower cap. I wrapped my hair up and called it a night. In the morning my hair felt moisturized was less itchy and because I twisted the twists they came out all crinkly.
This crinkly look was cute but I didn't want to wear my hair down so I came up with an alternate style. I french braided the twists across the front to the left then all around the back to form a mock crown. Most likely this is going to be the style I wear when I go home to visit for Christmas wednesday.
My next hair adventure is going to be another Baking Soda/ Apple cider vinegar scalp scrub. Normally I would just wash my hair but seeing that winter is in full effect and I am not trying to go out in the cold weather with a wet head. But I know when I do finally take my hair down i am going to pre-poo, shampoo and deep condition my hair. Still undecided about doing the big chop yet for the New Year but we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment