Monday, February 15, 2010

I finally had enough

So I know its been a while since I have updated this page but life has taken over. If you have been following this blog then you know I have been struggling with doing a BC or transitioning longer. I remember getting my last relaxer in June 2009 then highlights in July 2009 I'm almost 90% sure I didn't get a touch up in August and I know I didn't in September so in total I transitioned 6 1/2 months before I finally had enough. The time it was taking to style my hair with the two different textures was outrageous, so I hopped in the car headed to the nearest beauty supply store and picked up some scissors.

This is one of the many before pictures I had taken this day. It seems like no matter what I tried to do with my hair nothing came out right and I was tired of rocking flat twists and bantu knots.

I had so much water and gel in my hair just to slick it down into some sort of make shift roll. But no matter what I did those darn permed ends reared their ugliness. It was officially time they had to go.


Here is a close up of the new growth. I love my waves they inspired me to go ahead and do the "BC", and chop I did. I jumped in the shower and whipped out the scissors and made the first cut and the rest is history. I cut and cut and cut some more until 97% of the permed ends were no longer attached to my head.
I can now officially say I am not my hair, I feel so much better now that I am no longer hanging on to those dead ends because they gave me length. Now my hair can grow back healthier and stronger.






 This is the style I was rocking for my interview today.





No comments:

Post a Comment