Monday, February 22, 2010

It's officially been one week since I BC'd

Omg, I never knew how much I would love my hair I Have gotten so many compliments but more important than that is the fact that my hair looks and feels much more healthier.




<<---- Last Week's TWA with a few permed ends left






<<--- TWA after 1 week 99.5% completely natural, still have a few permed ends




If you read my last blog then you know that I was going to try something new with my hair today. I found this on Youtube and the poster is NiaSoPurdy:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HubnRE-QF6o
I think I am going to do this every two to three weeks or as needed when I feel like I have a lot of product buildup. The recipe calls for 1 cup of conditioner 1/4 cup Baking soda and one cap full of you favorite oil, I used Coconut oil just because I love the way it smells and at the time I could not find my olive oil. I tried to do like she did and mix everything in a spray bottle but the baking soda kept the spray bottle clogged so I had to improvise. I basically just poured the mix all over my head and massaged it and raked it through. After I had all of my hair coated I rinsed it out and did a ACV rinse followed by my conditioner. I then applied my shea butter mix to my hair massaged it in and detangled the rest of my hair even though it was pretty much already all the way detangled.
Here is a picture of what my hair looked like with out any product in my hair. I actually can see some curl definition, I can't wait until my hair grows a little longer so I can really see my curl pattern.
The last 2 photos are of my hair after it is completely moisturized with Shea Butter and sealed with Coconut oil. I think I am going to leave my hair like this for at least a day, just to give it a break because I have been seriously playing in my hair for the last week and I don't want to cause any unnecessary stress and breakage.So until next time.

Products Used today:
Suave Proffesionals Humectant Conditioner
Baking Soda
Apple Cider Vineger
VO5 Moisture Milks Conditioner (just a little)
Mane and Tail Conditioner (just a little)
Shea Butter Mix
EVCO

No comments:

Post a Comment